Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fundraising

Friends of ours told us about an adoption fundraising website, Adopt Together.  Friends and family can see your profile, donate money towards adoption, and receive a receipt that makes your donation tax deductible.  Pretty cool.  If you want to contribute, click on the link below or on our "fundraising" tab.

https://adopttogether.org/thesears6/

If you aren't interested in donating, still check out the homepage video listed below and be "adoption educated"!  It's a great video.

http://adopttogether.org/

Before we started the adoption process we were very naive to the plight of orphans and how socially far reaching their impact is.  Did you know that 25% of orphans end up homeless?  Did you know that by finding children families you are in effect impacting the rates of crime, homelessness, prostitution, people on government welfare and unplanned pregnancy?  I didn't know. . .but I know, now.  I don't want myself or anyone else to be paralyzed by the magnitude of the world's problems.  Behind all the statistics are real, live, hurting people.  These people need our help.  Mother Teresa said, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."  I believe it. We can all make a small difference.  God blesses us so we can bless others in his name.  You don't have to get involved in our passion, but please get involved in God's passion for hurting people around the world and DO something tangible in Christ's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment